In 1979 my grandmother wrote down this simple prawn recipe onto a 3 x 5 index card. 40 years later our family still uses this recipe. I like to look at all her recipe index cards, as her directions are minimal and everything is made to taste, bit of olive oil here a pinch of this and a dash of that. Her recipes live on through our family and friends.
- 1/2 cube butter
- Copper Hill Olive Oil
- One garlic clove
- Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Place clean, peeled, and de-veined prawns in shallow baking dish and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cube butter, bit of olive oil, and garlic clove (squished) together in a new pan.
- Add chopped parsley, and a pinch of oregano and basil.
- Add about 1/4 cup sherry.
- Simmer for a few minutes
- Pour over the prawns you set aside.
- Broil till nice and pink.
Serve over bed of rice.
Try tossing prawns over pasta of your choice. salt to taste!
SERVE AND ENJOY!!