“My favorite dish of all time is my Grandma Barbara’s famous Pesto, nothing reminds me more of her than this dish right here!”-Austin
This famous Pesto dish has been served on our families Christmas Eve dinner table for over 65 years alongside our main dish, fresh Dungeness crab! This recipe was used by Barbara Molinaro, the warrior of our family, year after year for all her children’s lives and their children’s lives. The Famous Christmas Eve pesto is a staple in the Molinaro family recipes box. Barbara’s daughter Leslie has now taken on the role of the homemade Pesto making and continues to keep the Christmas Eve tradition alive.
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 bunch Basil
- 4-6 cloves garlic (4 if big, 6 if med/sm)
- Copper Hill olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh, finely shredded parmesan.
- Box of spaghetti (1 Lb.)
1. Squish garlic and put in a little bowl, cover with olive oil (2-3 tablespoons). Microwave for about 25 seconds and set aside.
2. Rinse basil and parsley. Dry completely. Take stem off parsley and basil.
3. Put herbs in food processor. Stream in 1/3 ish cup olive oil while you pulse the herbs. Pulse until well chopped and mushed.
4. Put basil and parsley mixture into a bowl then add your garlic oil you set aside earlier and mix.
5. Salt and pepper to taste
6. Drizzle more olive oil if needed.
7. Cook your pasta,
8. Set aside 1 cup of pasta water then drain well.
9. Combine pesto sauce and pasta into a bowl and mix.
10. Slowly add pasta water (if needed) if it looks a little too dry.
11. Let it cool slightly and toss with 1 cup Parmesan.
Serve and Enjoy!