Well here we are, half way through January and the cold nights are in full effect! "Roasted Brussels Sprouts are easy and delicious. It is the type of dish where you really don’t need a recipe, just some love and inspiration."- Leslie
- 1 ½ cup Brussels sprouts -trimmed and halved
- A couple cloves of garlic - squished
- 2 tablespoons Koroneiki Copper Hill Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced shallots
- 3 slices cooked chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Trim and half the Brussels sprouts
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil, garlic and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a baking pan, cut side down, be sure not to crowd them on the pan.
- Roast for about 10 min if they are getting crispy on the bottom, it is time to turn them over, Continue roasting until they are crispy on the outside, and getting soft in the middle.
To make things interesting:
Add sliced shallots to the raw Brussels sprouts before roasting.
To make things REALLY interesting:
Toss cooked bacon and/or a 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese before serving.
SERVE AND ENJOY!